Wednesday, May 6, 2020

It's National Nurses Day!


It's #NationalNursesDay !

Nurses are always heroes but 2020 is the year they definitely became super heroes. When I was growing up, my favorite aunt was a nurse and I was notorious for always getting injured at her house (she had *six* kids! and she still let me become the 7th every summer!)
I remember coming in to her house one (of many) times with my foot gashed and bleeding from stepping on broken glass in the creek (that we were not supposed to be in) and from which my cousins never let me forget that my last words before going in were: "your mom will never know."
My aunt was on the phone and didn't bat an eyelash or miss a beat as she calmly helped me onto the counter where she put my foot in the sink and tended to my wound with the phone crooked in her neck, still chatting with her friend. She gave me a tetanus shot later that she kept in the refrigerator (no kidding), just in case. I always thought she was amazing, and, speaking as someone with kids now myself, I am in pure awe.
I've always loved nurses. And today kicks off #NationalNursesWeek and I just wanted to give them all a giant virtual hug of gratitude and admiration as they fight on the front lines for us, today and every day.
Image credit: Photo by Nicholas Bartos on Unsplash.com
Share:

1 comment:

  1. Succeed! It could be one of the most useful blogs we have ever come across on the subject. Excellent info! I’m also an expert in this topic so I can understand your effort very well. Thanks for the huge help. ProspectMedical

    ReplyDelete